Tips and home remedies you can use freely
In the case of gastritis, acidosis:
1 litre water
1 small potato
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 ½ dessert spoons linseed
Boil all ingredients together for 20 minutes.
Drink one cup of the heated liquid half an hour before each meal.
Recommended length of cure: 6 weeks
It works by withdrawing heat and reducing swelling.
This is how you do it:
Spread the quark (low fat) to the thickness of the back of a knife over a piece of kitchen paper. Fold it in two (so that the quark does not touch the skin), place it over the sore spot and fix it.
The wrap stays in place until the quark dries.
This will take about an hour. It can be left overnight on the spot.
If you have earache:
Use cotton wool plugs
- Problems with the middle ear: Onion plugs
- Hearing problems: Schnaps plugs
What can you do:
- Drink enough
- Wear weather-proof clothing
- Ventilate your home regularly
- Toughen up with hot and cold showers and brush massages
- A sensible diet, seasonal and high quality food
- Avoid kissing on the cheek ( a handshake is enough but if the other person is sniffling then don’t do this either.)
- A sensible approach to sporting activities. Too much is unhealthy since it can weaken your immune system. Too little exercise is unhealthy too. (either fins out what suits you or ask a professional).
- Rest, avoid the media, avoid work.
- Drink a lot, hot drinks are good too.
- Keep warm (sleeping bag)
- Chicken broth is antiviral. (best to cook a supply and freeze it)
- Increase the humidity in your room. (This protects your mucous membranes.)
If you have a temperature that lasts (3 days or above 38,5 degrees) consult a doctor. There is no substitute for antibiotics in the case of serious bacterial infections.
It is essential to avoid too much activity until you have recovered fully.
- Apply “Blaues Farböl” from Akari on to acupressure point “head cold”.
- Primrose tea
- Nasal rinsing with salt:
Mix 1g crystal salt with 100 ml luke-warm water.
OR: Use nose rinsing salt (with a lot of hydrogen carbonate) from the chemist – it lets the mucous membranes regenerate more quickly and avoids inflammation.
Using a nasal douche rinse your nasal passages every day.
In our surgery:
- Foot reflexology: Strengthens the immune system, increases lymph circulation
- Treatment for colds using the MCP: Reduces swelling of mucous membranes, disinfects
- Dry cough: coltsfoot tea
- Slimy cough: Thyme as a tisane or in juice
- Dry tickly cough: Chest compress (lemon compress)
- Phlegmy cough: Lard compress
In our surgery
- Treatment of cleavage using MCP
Fill a compress with linseeds, seal it, plunge into boiling water, press out the liquid and place it as hot as you can bear on your sinuses and nasal cavities.
In our surgery
- Foot reflexology: Strengthens the immune system, increases lymph circulation.
- Treatment for colds using the MCP: Reduces swelling of mucous membranes, disinfects.
Abdominal compress soaked in salt with a hot-water bottle
You can alleviate abdominal cramps with a salt water compress (3g salt to 100ml water). Dip a small towel into the liquid, wring it out well and place it on the abdomen. On top of this placea dry towel and a hot-water bottle. Then go to bed and rest for 20 minutes.
- Neck compress with cold water
Dip a tea towel in cold water, wring it out, wind it round the neck, cover with a towel. Leave it for 10 minutes, then wrap a scarf round your neck.
- Gargle with salt water or a sage tisane
- Suck a sweet
- Salt inhalation
Heat 2 litres of water in a saucepan and dissolve 30 -50g of salt in it. Place a towel over your head and breathe in the steam deeply for 10 to 20 minutes. Repeat 4 times every day. Note: Do not use this method if you suffer from asthma.
In the surgery:
- Sucking liquid off the tonsils (Rödern)
Forehead compresses with a salt solution relieve pressure in the head.
Dip a handkerchief or guest towel in salt water (5g salt dissolved in100ml cold water) and place this on the forehead. Renew the compress every 3 to 5 minutes. You can also place compresses on the back of the neck.
In our surgery:
Detoxification using the MCP: Drains away fluid, removes blockages
Our helpful hints- simple pieces of advice which are very effective
The Belly Turtle
To relax and stretch your abdominal muscles and correct the imbalance between abdominal and back muscles. Available in our surgery.
Fit for the Day
The 4- minute fitness program for those who want to get or stay mobile. Available in our surgery.